Friday, March 17, 2006

Whatever happened to Fridaying so slow?

Zoom. Maybe it was only that today was St. Patrick's Day, and I started drinkin' at seven a.m. (okay, I was drinkin' coffee), but I now look at the clock and it's almost Saturday.

Seems like today's an appropriate day to huzzah out some praise for Roddy Doyle's fantastic The Giggler Treatment. Sure, you can say it's about dog poop, but you can also say all the Winnie the Pooh stories are about honey. Giggler is flat out funny and clever and intelligent, and I seriously love recommending it to kids and their parents. Mind you, because of the poop quotient (PQ, as I call it), it's not a book for everyone... though heck, I would recommend it to my mom in a heartbeat. Perhaps that says more about me than about the book? Hmmm, I'll think about that, but the day is done so I gotta book.

In the spirit of the day, I sign this Gregory O'K.

No comments: