Saturday, May 31, 2008

Oooh, my feet.

My poor, poor feet! OK, maybe it's not that bad, but other than a fine, fun lunch with a big bunch of talented, funny, generous of spirit, dedicated, and local kidsbook friends (and please note that all those adjectives describe 'em all, so I just linked in totally random order... and encourage you to visit them in equally random order), I spent from about 8:30-5 yesterday walking. And walking. And looking. And carrying heavy books. And walking. And walking. And waiting in a 40 person deep line for caffeine. And walking. And carrying heavy books. And then walking some more.

Oh, yeah -- and chatting with great people and learning a ton about what's going on in the world of children's literature. Book Expo America is quite the scene, this first-timer would say, but once I got over the sheer size of it (and got over the idea that the goal was to find everything free!!!!), it was also quite the good time. I was wearing my author hat and my children's librarian hat (and occasionally my book promotion hat), and I can safely say it was informative in all ways.

Plus I don't have to exercise for weeks!

No comments: