Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The SCBWI San Francisco/South 27th Annual Golden Gate Conference... and Me!

I'm excited to say that I'm going to be part of the faculty for the 27th Annual Golden Gate Conference at Asilomar, held February 19th-21st, 2010. I'll be talking social media for writers and illustrators for children... as well as enjoying what looks to be a fabulous conference.

For years, I've heard rave reviews of the Golden Gate Conference (put on by the SCBWI-San Francisco/South chapter) and looking over the list of my fellow faculty members gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling. Gary Schmidt!!! Yuyi Morales!!! Ellen Klages (who I met at the very first Kidlitcon)!!! And that's truly just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

Registration hasn't opened yet, though I hear it sells out quickly. And if any of y'all are gonna be there, let me know. I'd love to see (or meet!) some familiar faces :-)

3 comments:

Kim Baker said...

Yay, Greg!
I'm sure you'll be as fantastic as you were up here in Seattle. People are still stopping me to say how beneficial and enjoyable your talk was.

Have fun!

Lisa Yee said...

Oooh, I love San Francisco!!!

Greg Pincus said...

I like San Fran, too. And Big Sur. And that whole area, in fact.

And Kim - that's great to hear. And I hope you know how much I appreciate you and Laurie and Joni bringing me up to Seattle. I don't think I'd be at Asilomar if you hadn't!