Monday, July 05, 2010

I Am a Grammarbender

I'm a big fan of the series Avatar, the Last Airbender... and I love applying the idea of "bending" to other things besides air, water, fire, and earth as in the series. Some other bending seems really useful - timebending, perhaps? But being a Grapebender? Probably not so much.

I also always wonder what bending could help writers (or give us a common vocabulary to refer to certain writers or, I suppose, for editors and agents to classify certain submissions).

Grammarbending seems useful. Spellbending? The computer might fight it, but still.... e.e. cummings was a master Capitalizationbender. And... what else?

As I await answers, I'm gonna practice my timebending. With any luck, you'll have read this a few hours before I posted.

4 comments:

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I hereby bequeath you this power.

Anonymous said...

Internetbending? Blogbending?
Writers will find this to be true: Penbending. Practice & become a master Textbender.

Cathy C. Hall said...

I'd like Genrebending, 'cause what writer can describe their manuscript with simple labels like science fiction or fantasy? I always want to add dashes to my stuff, like southern-gothic-humor-paranormal-mystery. Now, THAT'S a genre bender!

Amy L V said...

Syllable-bending!