Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Review: Anti-Gravity - a book review poem/a science poem

Book Review: Anti-Gravity
by
Greg Pincus

This book on anti-gravity will never make you frown.
In fact, the only problem is you just can't put it down.


What's that you say? I'm not allowed a groaner (with science that is not 100% perfect, I suppose)? Of course I am! It might be the only one that's part of this week's Poetry Friday roundup (hosted over at Teach Mentor Texts), but you'll only know if you go check it out.

If you want to get all the poems hereabouts (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!

4 comments:

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Your english teachers must have loved you on book report days! And I'm not too ashamed to admit I kind of like groaners... once in a while.

Margaret Simon said...

You remind me so much of one of my gifted boys. He loves coming up with groaners. He likes to write as few words as possible to get a laugh. I wish you and Matthew could meet. On my blog post today, he wrote the soft grandma poem. His favorite part to act out is the snore. http://reflectionsontheteche.wordpress.com

Heidi Mordhorst said...

Ha! I think you're totally allowed groaners is you dare to hang them out there without apology!

Mary Lee said...

HA! Very fun!